Last modified: April 2, 2017
Collection of Information
We collect information to provide better Services to our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information that is provided by organization with which you related, to provide authorized use of Pulse Account and provide relevant content to each user.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, this information may include: things you do and information you provide using Pulse; things others do and information they provide using Pulse, including information about you; your networks and connections; device, operating system and browser information, IP address; log information; location information; cookies and similar technologies.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones, and to protect MB and Pulse users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content. Collected information helps us to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Services. This enables us to deliver premium quality Services, personalize content and innovative information management.
When you contact MB, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. Automated systems analyze your content to provide you personally relevant product features and content. One of the products we use to do this is Google Analytics. If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on. Also you may set your browser to block cookies, including cookies associated with our Services. However, it’s important to remember that our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We want that content shown to you would be as relevant and interesting as it is possible. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant information. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or personal email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their services without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you (e.g. non-personally identifying demographic information).
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Also it may not have immediate effect for automatically collected information which may be stored in aggregate form for up to 24 months after it was collected.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of MB unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. General purpose of Pulse is to share different content within members of same organization and to propose innovative and integrated ways to participate in different events, use possible benefits and express your opinion. For basic use of Pulse Account no personal data is needed, it is enough to enter information concerning your job title and working contacts. However to enjoy our services in full scope you may fill in more detailed information about you and share this information with other members of your organization. When you enter additional information using your Pulse Account, this action is considered as your intention to share such information with other Pulse users. We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of MB and your organization Pulse members when we have additional your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With new owner. If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
- With other individuals for legal reasons. We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of MB and your organization if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MB, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect MB and Pulse users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular: we encrypt many of our services using SSL; we offer you two step verification when you access your Pulse Account; we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; we restrict access to personal information to MB employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. However, please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
We collect payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Occasionally, third-party products, services or links may be found within content published using our Services. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How our global services operate
For information about how to contact MB, please visit our contact page www.pulseapp.eu.